In case you haven’t figured it out yet I have never been a “foodie.” I have never really cared for food, rarely planned for it, never payed much attention to it, and certainly was never this dedicated to food. But I have become what I see to be a “food ninja” Allow me to explain…
You see, as long as I have a handle on either my home-life or my work-life than I am able to maintain a reasonable level of sanity. Currently, work-life is happening at break-neck speed, and home-life is practically in chaos, thus I am just trying hard to stay above water on all fronts.
My high level of commitment to have my family eating real food distinctly obvious to me recently. This is because when life gets out of control one would think that the resolve to eat well may be the first thing to go out the window. However, I am pleased to report that is not the case. I have a meal plan posted and real groceries purchased, and the determination of a, well, something that would be really determined, like a Ninja. Yeah, a real food ninja is what I have become. That, and I’m lightning quick too. 😀
- 1/4 C soy sauce
- 1 C water
- 1/2 tsp finely shredded ginger
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 C cold water
- Add soy sauce, water, ginger, garlic powder, sugar, and honey to small saucepan and begin to warm on low-med heat.
- Mix cornstarch and cold water in small container. Add to soy sauce mixture.
- Slowly warm sauce, stirring often to prevent from sticking.
- Remove from heat once sauce it at the desired consistency.
- Use on anything that needs some ooey-gooey sticky-sweet teriyaki goodness!